Best Haunted House Ever & 10 Ways To Survive A Zombie Apocalypse
· Director: Bill Simmons
· Audition Dates: August 15-16
· Show Dates: October 14-16 and 21-23
· Needing between 32-40 children and adults between the ages 13-40 for both shows.
A Christmas Carol & The Grouch
· Director: Vickie Puffer
· Audition Dates: October 17-18
· Show Dates: December 9-11 and 16-18
· For both A Christmas Carol and The Grouch, we will cast children in grades 4 through 8. Each show is about 45 minutes long, and youngsters will have roles in both shows. A minimum cast of 23 is needed.
Four Weddings & An Elvis
· Director: Craig Johnson
· Audition Dates: February 20-21
· Show Dates: April 14-16 and 21-23
· Adults, 7 male, 4 females.
Inn at Rose Harbor
· Director: Coni Like – Webber
· Audition Dates: April 25-26
· Show Dates: June 23-25 and June 30 – July 2
· 6 to 7 males and 8 to 11 females with an age range of anywhere from mid-teens on up.
Newcomers are welcome and encouraged to try out! You don't need to have any previous acting experience. Each director conducts auditions a little differently but, for the most part, the process is pretty simple:
Non-musicals: The good news is that you don't have to prepare anything in advance; just show up! Individuals or small groups will be called onto the stage to do readings from the script. This helps the director see how you might fit certain parts and how people interact with each other.
Musicals: Prepare a song that best showcases your vocal ability and bring an accompaniment CD (karaoke without lead voices is okay). A capella auditions are also acceptable. There may be some readings from the script (as noted above) and it's possible that there will be some simple choreography to run through.
Once the director has selected a cast, notices will be put up on the front door at the theatre, posted on the website and social media pages, and emailed to all persons who auditioned.