OTP Follies Talent Showcase
· Director: Robin Overbey
· Audition Dates: June 27-27
· Show Dates: August 4-5
· Casting needs: All are welcome.
Something Wicked This Way Comes
· Director: Jason Keller
· Audition Dates: August 7-8
· Show Dates: October 13-15 and 20-22
· Casting needs: 6-9 males; 2-5 females
A Christmas Story
· Director: Steve Gray
· Audition Dates: October 16-17
· Show Dates: December 8-10 and 15-17
· Casting needs: 7 males; 4 females
· Director: Jack Mahoney
· Audition Dates: February 19-20
· Show Dates: April 5-7 and 12-14
· Casting needs: 3 males; 3 females
Grumpy Old Men
· Director: Vickie Puffer
· Audition Dates: April 22-23
· Show Dates: June 21-23 and 28-30
· Casting needs: 5 males; 4 females
Newcomers are welcome and encouraged to try out! You don't need to have any previous acting experience. Each director conducts auditions a little differently but, for the most part, the process is pretty simple:
Non-musicals: The good news is that you don't have to prepare anything in advance; just show up! Individuals or small groups will be called onto the stage to do readings from the script. This helps the director see how you might fit certain parts and how people interact with each other.
Musicals: Prepare a song that best showcases your vocal ability and bring an accompaniment CD (karaoke without lead voices is okay). A capella auditions are also acceptable. There may be some readings from the script (as noted above) and it's possible that there will be some simple choreography to run through.
Once the director has selected a cast, notices will be put up on the front door at the theatre, posted on the website and social media pages, and emailed to all persons who auditioned.